Attached Implementing and maintaining test and tagging can seem to be another compliance burden but K&J Burns has the qualified skills and methods to take the hassle out of test tagging appliances and other routing compliance tasks seamlessly.
Electrical Safety Standard AS/NZS 3760:2010
AS/NZS 3760:2010 is an electrical safety standard in Australia that stipulates the generally observed safety inspection and maintenance standards. This standard contains the safety inspection for test and tag of portable electrical equipment and machinery connected to supply by flexible cord which is currently in-service, returning to service, available for hire or re-sale.
Inspection and retesting intervals can range from daily, monthly, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 2 years and up to 5 yearly testing schedules.
The nature and frequency of inspecting and testing of electrical items will vary depending on the nature of the workplace and the risks associated with the electrical equipment.
As a general rule of thumb, electrical items should be tested and tagged every 12 months. More high-risk areas more frequent testing is required. For example;
- Manufacturing and workshop electrical equipment (every 6 months)
- Commercial equipment (every 6 months)
- Portable electrical tools & hire equipment (every 6 months)
- Office equipment (every 12 months)
AS/NZS 3760:2010 also contains the inspection and testing specifications for RCD’s.
A visual inspection is conducted by K&J Burns Electricians and involves a comprehensive inspection of;
- flexible supply cord
- appliance is checked for rattles signifying the presence of small foreign objects that may interfere with the safety of the appliance
- Guards and covers are checked to ensure they are attached
Under AS/NZS 3760:2010 The following electrical tests are necessary to be completed on the appropriate equipment.
- Insulation Resistance
- Earth Resistance
- Leakage Current Testing
K&J Burns can carry out single & 3 phase testing.
Electrical & Appliance Repairs
Unlike general test and tag companies, K&J Burns are electricians, so we can carry out any necessary on the spot repairs to make items pass / compliant.
To safe time and the hassle, we can also test your emergency lighting and safety switches to offer a complete electrical safety compliance checks for your business.
The AS/NZS standard requires the following record keeping ascertaining the history of tests:
- A test tag attached to each item indicating the date, item, person performing the test, and status (pass/fail) of test, along with the required retest date
- An asset register and historical record of all test items and test results
- A record of results including faulty item and repair action
The Asst register, which is traditionally a log book which commonly gets lost. We take care of the hassle for you by providing an electronic record with every invoice and we retain a backup if yours ever gets misplaced. Electronic records enable the process of testing and record keeping faster and less downtime when renewal is due for test and tagging.
Tip / Advice: Make sure whoever carries out your test and tag service ‘Tests” the appliance and is not just tagging the item!
Contact Us For A Free Consult!