Darwin’s Experienced, Trusted & Reliable Contractor!
We turn up as promised & clean up !
We have over 30 years of industry knowledge for Electrical, Refrigeration / Mechanical and Air Conditioning for upgrading, renovating and construction installation. We can cater a solution to meet your requirements thru design and construct for your project or working in conjunction with your various consultants (developer, builder, engineer, subcontractors).
We have experienced with project’s ranging in value from $500 to $2.5M. Conducting services that consist of design & construct, temporary power, electrical installation, high voltage and low voltage (HV / LV), cabling works, energy efficiency, Cbus, fire, security, communication, TV (FTA & MATV), air conditioning systems, mechanical, refrigeration, lighting solutions, power generation, substations, control systems, and industry specific equipment installation.
Project construction is coordinated and streamlined when in one company you have multiple accredited technicians at your fingers tips (electrician, air conditioning technician and refrigeration mechanic’s).
We provide free quotes, so there are no unnecessary unexpected costs for extra work to complete the project. We pride ourselves on completing our jobs on time and on budget.
Cal Accredited License D2148830916
Sample of previous projects:
- Royal Darwin Hospital (RDH) – SPAF & IMAF Facility (Construction)
- Multicultural Centre (Construction)
- Peter McAulay Centre Dog Squad & Forensic Office & Lab (Refurbishment)
- Pickles Auction (Refurbishment)
- St Johns College (Administration Building Refurbishment & VRV Installation)
- Ausfuel Truckshop (Construction)
- Bayview Residence (2 Storey New House)
- Fleetwood demountable buildings Ablutions, Office, Laundry, Bunkhouse, homes
- Moil Residence (House Extension) – 53 Moil Cr, Moil NT 0810
- Metroll T/As Reomart Warehouse (Construction)
- Early Care Childcare Centre (CMP) – Construction
- Brewery Lane 18 x Apartments (2 x Apartment Towers) – Construction
- IS Training Centre Construction
- Amdel (Warehouse, Cool room Panel Labatory & Maintenance)
- Territory Alliance SIHIP (52 x Houses Refurbishment)
- Wendy’s (Shop Refurbishment)
- Humpty Doo Residence (Extension) – Lot 150 Beard Rd, Humpty Doo NT 0836
- Big 4 Caravan Park (Park Expansion & Maintenance)
- Dean Residence (Mansion) – Lot 7301 Emery Ave, Cullen Bay 0820
- Humpty Doo Residence (New House & 4 x Cabins) – Lot 2734 Anglesey Rd, Humpty Doo NT 0836
- Bechtel Gas Plant – Camp / demountable installation (accommodation)
- Valley Girl (Shop Fit Out) – Shop 035?266, Casuarina Shopping Centre, Casuarina NT 0810
- Lyons Residence (New House) – Lot 10158 Dunyila St, Lyons NT 0810
- Parap Residence (New House) – Lot 7225 May St, Parap NT 0820
- Bayview Residence (New House) – Lot 7501 O’fferrals St, Bayview NT 0820
- Humpty Doo Residence (House Extension) – Lot 3719 Gonnerman Rd, Humpty Doo NT 0836
- Dick’s Pumping Service (New Warehouse & Office) – 2 Verrinder Rd, Berrimah NT 0828
- NT Ice (Maintenance of factory equipment & Ice Storage Boxes at NT various regional locations)
Smoke alarms save lives. Without them in your home, your risk of death from a house fire is up to 3 times higher. Nearly half of all house fire deaths occur when people are sleeping.
Fire and Emergency Services recommends all homes are fitted with photoelectric smoke alarms (not ionization types).
Photoelectric smoke alarms are more effective than ionization types because they 'see' the smoke by detecting visible particles of combustion. For this reason, they are good at detecting smoldering fires and dense smoke and are not as prone to false alarms (from cooking etc.).
There are 2 kinds of photoelectric smoke alarms:
240-volt smoke alarms (also called 'hard-wired smoke alarms'). These are connected to the house electrical system and have a battery
9-volt smoke alarms (also called 'battery-operated smoke alarms') are stand-alone battery operated alarms.
Legislation has also been brought in that if you sell or rent your property that all homes must be fitted with photoelectric smoke detectors before sale or renting - so don't wait until then, make your home safe now!
Contact K&J Burns the electrical experts for a free quote to install a smoke alarm or convert to photoelectric today!